Use an administrator account to reset the password
If you have forgotten your password to a user account, but you or another person can still log on to the administrator account, then you can change it there. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Log on to the administrator account.
2. Click on the Start button and type in lusrmgr.msc into Start Search.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you want to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type in and confirm the new password.
Please note that these steps do not work in Windows Vista Home Basic and Windows Vista Home Premium. More »