Using keyboard shortcuts can often cut the time it takes to do something on a computer in half. Below are our top 10 keyboard shortcuts we recommend everyone memorize and use.
Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert
Copy the highlighted text or selected item.
Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert
Paste the text or object that’s in the clipboard.(Sometimes improperly referred to as the pasteboard, the clipboard is the location in a computer operating system such as Microsoft Windows that stores information that has been cut or copied from a document or other location. The clipboard will hold this information until it has been overwritten by new information. For example, a user may copy information from a word processor and paste that information into an e-mail message.)
Ctrl + Z and Ctrl + Y
Undo any change. For example, if you cut text, pressing this will undo it. This can also often be pressed multiple times to undo multiple changes. Pressing Ctrl + Y would re-do the undo. More »
Use Windows at the office? Want to work faster?
If you’re under the rule of an iron-fisted system administrator you might not be able to implement some of these tweaks, but others you can put into practice right away.
Some of the highlights:
1. Streamline your startup. You can prevent unnecessary programs and services from starting up automatically and slowing down your boot time by using msconfig to remove the sluggish culprits.
2. Learn keyboard shortcuts. Of course, you already know the basics like Ctrl+C to cut and Ctrl+V to paste, but there are dozens more Windows keyboard shortcuts that can make your life easier. More »
Some of the iPad users reported that their ipad got stuck and does not respond to any button press or touch action, in such a case you would need to reset your ipad to revert it back to factory state. There are different procedure to follow to reset your iPad depending on what is your current condition of your iPad.
What To Do When iPad Hangs ?
Just in case if your iPad does not respond to any action, you will need to restart it by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears – which confirms that iPad is restarted.
Now there are different levels and type of reset for ipad as follows.
Windows 7 shortcuts ebook has been recently released at TheWindowsClub. This ebook comprises of more than 200 keyboard shortcuts which works in windows 7 and its default programs like Paint, WordPad, MS Office, Calculator, Help, Media Player, Media Center, Windows Journal, Internet Explorer, etc.
– What is Keyboard & how to use it?
– How keys are organized on a standard Keyboard
– Typing & editing the text using Keyboard
– Using Keyboard Shortcuts
– Find program shortcuts
– Choose menus, commands, and options
– Some useful shortcuts
– Using the keyboard extras
– Using navigation keys
– Using the numeric keypad
– Three odd keys
– Use your keyboard safely
– Create keyboard shortcuts to open programs
– Make the keyboard easier to use
– Type without using the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard)
– Set On-Screen Keyboard to use for various handy tasks
– The Shortcuts Collection
– General Windows functions keyboard shortcuts
– Dialog box keyboard shortcuts More »
Some of Win7’s best timesavers are staring you right in the face on your keyboard, particularly via the previously underutilized Windows key. You probably already know that pressing the Windows key (Win) opens the Start menu. But now, holding the Win key in combination with other keys does a lot more.
Win7’s Windows-key combinations speed up opening system tools, navigating between files and apps, and performing other common tasks. (Note that many of these shortcuts work in XP and Vista as well.)
* Win+Pause: Displays the System Control Panel applet.
* Win+D: Shows the desktop.
* Win+Spacebar: Shows the desktop without minimizing open windows (Aero Peek).
* Win+E: Opens Windows Explorer with Computer selected.
* Win+F: Opens a Search window for finding files or folders.
* Win+Ctrl+F: Opens a Search window for finding computers on a network. More »