The following steps will explain about configuring gmail on Microsoft Outlook. First you have to enable POP for gmail Email ID.
You can retrieve your Gmail messages with a client or device that supports POP, like Microsoft Outlook or Netscape Mail.
To enable POP in Gmail:
1. Sign in to Gmail.
2. Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
3. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
4. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
5. Choose the action you’d like your Gmail messages to take after they are accessed with POP.
6. Configure your POP client* and click Save Changes. More »
We all know that Google has been quite generous in giving space when it comes to GMail and right now it’s sitting at over 6 Gb and is consistently increasing. On the other hand Google Apps service is limited to 6 Gb of space (the free account, you can always purchase more space if you want to). For me, 6 Gb of space is more than enough but still, I’ve seen many people crib for limited amount of space!
Well here are some of the tips which you can certainly use in order to ensure that you don’t run out of space and you can rather use GMail’s space in case you are running short of space in your Google Apps account.
Here is what you can do :
1. Go to settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP (of your Google apps account).
2. Select Forward a copy of incoming message to XXXXXXXX email address.
3. Put your GMail account email address over there and save the changes. More »