AutoComplete not only makes it easier for you to automatically fill in forms and logon to secure sites – it also makes it easier for Trojans and hackers to gain access to your personal data and logon credentials. Here’s how to clear the sensitive data stored by AutoComplete and how to disable the feature to protect yourself from compromise.
1. Open the Firefox browser.
2. From the Firefox menu, select ‘Tools’
3. Select ‘Options’
4. Click ‘Privacy’
5. Click ‘Saved Forms’
Want some very cool Firefox trick? Just enter the codes below on your Firefox address bar and just hit enter.
1. chrome://browser/content/browser.xul – Opens another Firefox inside a tab in the the existing Firefox window.
2. chrome://browser/content/preferences/preferences.xul – Opens the Options dialog box inside the Firefox tab.
3. chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksPanel.xul – Opens the “Bookmarks Manager” inside a tab in the Firefox window.
4. chrome://browser/content/history/history-panel.xul – Opens the History Panel in the Firefox tab.
5. chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.xul?type=extensions – Opens the Extensions window in the current tab.
6. chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul – Opens the “cookies window” inside a tab in the Firefox window. More »
If you are one those firefox users who want to clean all the traces of your browsing history, then let me tell you there is very simple way to do it with firefox itself without any extension.
here is how you can automate the cleaning of your browsing history and cookies..
1. Open Firefox
2. go to File Menu >> Tools >> Options , click on privacy tab
3. check the option which says: Always clear my data when I close firefox (as shown in the image below) More »